Thursday, October 3, 2013

Mystical and Magical....a New Challenge/Plus a winner from Awesome Autumn


 Hop on board the Dream Team train as we journey through all things Mysterious and Magical through the month of October. Our guest "engineer" is Miss Eerie herself, Alison Heikkila. October promises to be a very bumpy ride...

Last month we had so much happening I had a time keeping up with it all. As we venture further into the holiday time zone I know you are all very busy, but we would love to have you join our challenge this month. Some of you have indicated you would like to play along but you are not quite sure how to link...so click HERE for more info on how to use the linky tool below.

We always list our last month's challenge winner on the first Thursday posting of the next month as we introduce the next month's challenge. Our random winner for our Awesome Autumn challenge is:

JILL

YAY!!!....and thank you for your participation and lovely comments too.

I know, it may be a bit odd, as the owner of this company that I post weekly...but it does force me to sit down to design and follow a challenge occasionally. I loved last month's blog hop with Quietfire Stamp Designs because I noticed that Suzanne, the owner, does the same thing. Her calligraphy rubber stamp sentiments really bring about a sense of peace to me. Thanks again to the Quietfire team for such a fun hop.

This week, I will be presenting the bat stencil (LM525), and I hope to show some creations of other people using this design over the next few days so be sure to check back to see different techniques that can be used with this amazing acrobat...hmmm acroBAT:


I have never really found bats spooky, but rather amazingly mysterious. The way they fly in the dark via sonar is truly magical to me. They really seem to defy reason, and in actuality as more and more is discovered about them science has described their antics and they are even more amazing to me. 

The bats in the above creation were paste-embossed using the matte black embossing paste (DMBP). The background stencil which is called Pop-art (LJ915) was dry embossed through the embossing machine. Then a purple pigment ink was stroked across the embossing using a large stencil brush (we have an instruction flyer called Embossed Strié -TS15 that you can order at www.stencilwithstyle.com that describes this process in detail). Our new tree die (DX7020) was cut out of black cardstock and glued on top of an orange cardstock cut into a semi-circle.

Now please visit the rest of the team to see what magic they have to inspire you with....and don't forget to leave them some loving comments.

Alison Heikkila (our special guest this month)






8 comments:

Louise said...

Congrats Jill! I love this card Lynell! It is so much fun and the colors are perfect!

Alison said...

Wonderful card! I love the bold colors you used, and you know I love the Bats stencil. Thank you so much for having me as a Guest this month! I love this team!

Lyn B said...

I, too, love the Halloween colors of this card and the bats...not to mention at least 4 stencils being used on this great card!

Pam Hornschu said...

This is such a fun card, Lynell. Love the strie over the Op Art background.

Jan Castle said...

Your bats really do make this card!!!

OlgaB said...

Love the way the dies are used. Thank you for the inspiration.

Rosica Katreva said...

Hello. Please delete one of my entries...

JD/ Jill said...

Great card...really like the bright bold colors that you used!
I'm excited that I won! It's always great to have happy mail to look forward to...thanks so much...Jill

Post a Comment

Blog Archive