Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday's Dream Schemes/Go Green or Go Bragh!

Today I am writing about a couple of the new quilt designs that came out at the end of last year. We really introduced them first in Hawaii, because our customers over there really embrace the beauty of Hawaiian quilting. These designs could have a bit of a Hawaiian flare, but anyone who enjoys flowers or gardening can also appreciate their organic presence. This first design, the fern stencil (LX7007) was stenciled with warmer green pigment ink and then the stencil was shifted forty-five degrees and stenciled with a cooler aqua colored pigment ink. Both colors were stenciled with a very light touch so they look almost transparent one on top of the other, this gives a full feeling to this fern card. The hula dancer was paste-embossed on lime green cardstock using matte black embossing paste (DMBP) and once dry was mounted in the lower corner.

This second quilt design, the bird of paradise (LX7006) was also stenciled with bright colored pigment inks. The Hawaiian thank you word stencil (LM133), Mahalo, was stenciled with a gray pigment ink and then the stencil was shifted just slightly and then paste-embbossed with matte black embossing paste (DMBP). These 6 x 6 inch stencils can be crafted as greeting cards as you see here or they can be used on fabric for actual quilt designs.

Hope you'll join us this month in our challenge of Going Green or Go Bragh! In honor of the upcoming month of March. You could have the enjoyment of winning these two stencils: LL490 the cherry blossom circle or LL542 tall lilies, if you happen to email me a picture of your project I won't be able to post it until the very end of this month's challenge since I will be traveling in the UK until the 27th. But when I get back we will post it for you:
Sign up with mr. linky below and also follow the list of the design team to see how they are interpreting go green or go St. Pat's Day!









9 comments:

Pam Hornschu said...

Beautiful coloring on these, Lynell. Love the tiled look on the first card!

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

These are lovely! GReat job on both! As you know I love the quilt designs!

Louise said...

Ooo...I really like how you overlapped the leaves, I'm going to give that a try. The shadow on the Mahalo is beautiful.

Laura Drahozal said...

Oh, so soft and beautiful, just like the breezes in Hawaii! I love the colors that you used and the way the leaves in the top seem to be swaying to the music just like the hula dancer!

Terrece said...

Wow! (I know I use that word a lot, but it really is the first thing I think of) Really like how soft the quilt image came out on the hula girl card. I don't know why I always think you have to have dark or heavy colors. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about these stencils today. I really like the fern card with the layering.

Wendy said...

Oh Lynell....The Bird of Paradise....♥SWOON♥!!!! Love the shadowed Mahalo!!! I need to go back to Hawaii. That island calls my name daily!!! Beautiful designs!!!!

Liz Martin said...

Perfect pairing – I was listening to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's beautiful Hawaiian voice while blog hopping and then came to Lynell's gorgeous quilt stencils. A delight for the eyes and ears.

Scrappychick said...

Lynell, the Hawaiin cards are so bright and beautiful!

Post a Comment