Thursday, November 17, 2011
Pam here for this week's Dreamweaver Stencils' Dream Team sketch challenge, created for us by Wonder Wendy (yes, Wendy, I just did that to you!). Since I was lucky enough to work with this sketch twice this week (and now have two more Christmas cards to add to my pile!), I decided to keep this pretty simple. I ran the base card through my Big Shot with the Stripes stencil to mimic the cute paper. Do you remember the correct "sandwich" recipe for embossing with stencils using the machines? No, no. Put away the peanut butter and jelly. It goes like this:
1) Place stencil first on base platen (item number face down). If stencil has predominantly vertical or horizontal lines, place to go vertically through machine.
2) Spritz the back of your cardstock with rubbing alcohol, (helps to break down the fibers slightly for a deeper emboss) and place face down on stencil.
3) Place rubber embossing mat over cardstock layer.
4) Place TWO clear platens on top (add cardstock shims if necessary). This will protect your stencil from becoming bent.
Note: If your clear platens are warped from repeated die-cutting, do not use with stencils. We recommend purchasing a set for your die-cutting and a separate set for embossing.
Okay, so that was simple, right? Now I followed the same process once again with the red Dotted Swiss cardstock panel and the Poinsettia stencil...but just one more addition. To get just a bit more pop, I applied Warm Red ColorBox Chalk ink over the surface of the stencil, placed my spritzed panel on top, etc., etc....the end result being a transfer of ink just dark enough to add more depth to the embossed image. I paste-embossed the Happy Holidays sentiment in Regular White Paste over the panel and sprinkled with ultra-fine crystal glitter. The striped panel of paper with it's matching punched circle "buttons", and baker's twine bows add the fun factor. The rhinestones add the "Kristi" touch...the bling!
Now, it's time to see what our fun team has been up to with Wendy's challenge. We'd love for you to take part as well and link your creation below on Mr. Linky. Want to play with the team all the time? We are looking for YOU! We have a design team call now through the end of November for the term beginning January 1st, 2012. You can find the info in THIS POST. Feeling social? Be sure to LIKE us our new Facebook page found HERE.
- ► 2013 (77)
- ► 2012 (109)
- A Cornucopia of Thanks from Dreamweaver Stencils
- Nothing Warped About This Sketch Challenge!
- Butterflies in the Winter?
- Nouveau Rose
- Classes in Georgia
- Thursday's Dream Schemes/Free Challenge Today!
- Thursday's Dream Schemes/Black and White Colorway ...
- Dreaming of Being on the Dream Team? Bring It On!
- ▼ November (8)