Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's a Girl/More Pink and Black

When I make a card that I am doing multiples of I do whatever I can to make it as simple as possible and the "it's a girl" (LM189) stencil was so easy to just stencil with black pigment ink. Even though the holes in this particular stencil are very fine I use as big a brush as I have because I am not worried about shading. Sometimes people think that if the holes are small you need a small brush, but you want as big a brush as possible if there isn't the need for finesse.  Of course the paste-embossed bear was a little more involved, but that too was not so difficult to do quickly. In my new DVD called Tips and Tools (DVD-3) I show how you can paste-emboss multiples of the same design without changing the tape and washing the stencil off after each paste application. DVDs are great if you are a visual learner.

The little bear stencil (LM137) was paste-embossed very simply with the Matte Black Embossing Paste (DMBP). When the design dried I replaced the stencil and daubed some of the Stamp and Stick Glue (GSP) onto her bow and paws and then stenciled them with Pixie Blush Metallic F/X (F/X09).

The ribbons were a black with white polka dots and a pale pink organza tied together. I cut single slits on either side of the bear with an x-acto knife (these were done after I mounted the main card onto the black border cardstock, so they were only cut through these two card front pieces.) Then I threaded the untied pieces of ribbon behind the bear and through these slits. Next I tied the ribbon into a bow and put mounting tape on the back of the black piece of cardstock to then mount onto the bottom pink cardstock.

If you are interested in becoming a member of the Dreamweaver Stencils Design Team stay tuned this next week for more details. One of the requirements will be for you to design a card using all the innovation you can dream up. We won't require that you use stencils just lots of imagination. So Dream it UP!!!


Wendy said...

Pretty card Lynell!

Kristi said...

Very pretty and darling card. I just realized I was off by a week...yikes...was supposed to post pink and black. SIGH I hate not being on top of things! But this is GREAT!

Louise said...

So sweet, these colors are perfect for this. I really like how you did the ribbon too!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Louise...I went back and added how I did the ribbon. Hope it makes sense. LOL!

Pam Hornschu said...

I love the look of the pink and black for the baby girl unique from all the traditional baby colors! That teddy is so cute.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive