Well, this card doesn't have to be a Valentine, but I have several people in my life that already have their Christmas cards finished and are starting on the next holiday...yes, Valentine's Day will be here before we know it . LOL!
The pink dangling heart (LM272) was paste-embossed with a specialty mixture of one Tablespoon of the Glossy White Embossing Paste (DGWP) with one teaspoon of the Glossy Red Embossing Paste (DGRP) mixed together using a palette knife (DPK). These two glossy pastes mixed together equal a sparkling look...and there wasn't even a speck of glitter in sight.
To make the second layer of black paper look like a darker black I used glossy black cardstock. And to make the ribbon look like it was pink with black dots...(it is a white organza ribbon with black dots), I tied it together with two very pale pink ribbons behind it to give it that same pale pink appearance.
Remember I told you we will be putting out a call very soon for a new Dreamweaver Stencils Dream team. What does that mean for you? It means that if you are interested be sure to practice up on your stenciling skills. At least one of your submissions should be a stenciling project. We will give you more details in one week.
Don't forget to come back and see more black and pink tomorrow! Dream team member Georgia Sommers posted a beautiful card yesterday in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Week. This reminded me that this past weekend as I was watching the Raiders play football that they were all dressed in black and white and then their shoes, socks, gloves and other accessories were hot pink. Great colorway guys!!!
Friday, October 14, 2011
Posted by Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils at 3:00 AM
- ► 2012 (109)
- Cards via Snail Mail
- Thursday's Dream Schemes/Sketch by Kim
- Art for Joplin
- Thursday's Dream Schemes/Artist Grade Alcohol Inks...
- Black Flocking on Glossy Black Paste
- Aint She Sweet and Pretty in Pink (and black)
- "You Tube" Video of the Double Glitter Technique
- It's a Girl/More Pink and Black
- Ink Transfer using your Embossing Machine:
- Get Ready-Get Set-Get your "Glossy" Valentines Don...
- Thursday's Dream Schemes/Colorway Challenge- Pink ...
- Thursday's Dream Schemes/Our Canadian Friends
- ▼ October (12)