Tuesday, August 30, 2011

HOP ACROSS THE POND AND BACK.../Day Three of TALLY HOP!!!


We have a winner for this posting who has been chosen using random.org. She was winner #12 of 13.

It is Marijane who made the following comment:  I am thrilled to be getting ideas beyond card-making! All the home-dec art I saw today is really inspiring and with Christmas still a way off, there's time to make some of these darling projects as gifts. You will be remembered long after the Christmas cards are put away! The featured stencil is also one of my favorites.

Please email your snail mail address to lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com and I will send your blog winnings.

Our fearless leader, Deborah March, has inspired me with a project she did a few weeks ago! So I CASEd it! Her project was a frame as well and she too, used the Corner Swirls stencil (LJ896). I loved it, but I diverged a bit and used the Matte Black Embossing Paste (DMBP) instead of the white that she chose. I found this frame already painted at a discount store and I couldn't resist the shabby chic finish that was already on the frame. I printed out a photo of my daughter onto just regular copy paper...this gave the picture a grainy appearance. It was only black and white, so to give it a vintage feel I sprayed it with the Memories Mists colors- Pale Ale and Orange Juice. I know there are a lot of mists or sprays out there, but frankly I love these. They dry quickly and they are very saturated in pigment. This sepia toned look was just what I wanted.

Take time to visit the other designers on the hop and don't forget to leave a message or comment...very easy to do. This will give you an opportunity to win some blog candy. In this case it comes in the form of the Dreamweaver Stencils. If you are just starting out here you can even go back to the beginning of the hop and leave comments. Just go to the portion of my blog where the schedule is listed and hop to the blogs that started on Monday. This will increase your opportunity to win a stencil. Your next stop will be to visit Pam Hornschu at: http://1pamperedstamper.blogspot.com


13 comments:

Daria said...

Very cool frame! I love the way the photo turned out--its haziness and the sepia tones you achieved with the Memories Mists. The frame and photo suit each other.

Siobhan Fyffe said...

This is a really atmospheric and nostalgic piece Lynell. The colours work beautifully together.
Siobhan

Diane said...

Beautiful Lynell

hugs Diane xx

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Hooray that you could use an already painted frame! The black paste is perfect. Great idea to make your own "sepia" photo, looks so nice in your new frame!

Wendy said...

Hehe....frame girls. Your frame is fabulous. I can't wait to see MORE of your "off the card collection"!! Have a super day!!

SherylH said...

What a beautiful way to highlight this picture!

Laura Drahozal said...

Wonderful job, Lynell. I remember how beautiful Deborah's was of that as well. It is the reason I just purchased that stencil!

Pam Hornschu said...

I remember seeing this before. What a great way to amp up a store find! Love how that picture turned out with the Memories Mists!

Deborah March said...

Be still my heart...so BEAUTIFUL Lynell! I think this is one of my very FAVOURITE stencils of yours...

Dorrie said...

The frame could have been made for your lovely stencil! Great idea with the photograph. The Memory Mist dry so quickly that they don't saturate the paper.

Louise said...

I've seen this in person and it is beautiful! Those Memories Mists are very versatile, I love how the photo tinted.

Marijane said...

I am thrilled to be getting ideas beyond card-making! All the home-dec art I saw today is really inspiring and with Christmas still a way off, there's time to make some of these darling projects as gifts. You will be remembered long after the Christmas cards are put away! The featured stencil is also one of my favorites.

Billie Dee said...

This is so pretty! thank you.

Post a Comment